Healthy skin is really one of the most important ingredients for beauty-enhancement. This article on skin care tips is an effort to bring the 10 best skin care tips to you. So let’s see what these top ten skin care tips are:
* Knowing your skin type is one of the most important skin care tips. This is important because not every skin care product suits everyone. In fact, all the skin care products specify the type of skin they cater too.
* ‘Drink a lot of water’. This will not only keep your skin moist but will help in overall upkeep of your health (and in turn your skin).
* Cleanse your skin regularly (1-2 times everyday). A very effective skin care tip that helps in getting rid of the dirt and other harsh elements from your skin. Cleansing is especially important when you have been out of your house (and hence exposed to pollutants, dust etc). This skin care tip also advocates the use of luke warm water for cleansing (hot and cold water, both, cause damage to your skin)
* Be gentle, after all it’s your skin. Don’t scrub/exfoliate too hard or too often. Similarly, don’t apply too much or too many skin care products.
* Keep your skin moist at all times. Moisturizers work best when applied while the skin is still damp. One strategy that works well is apply moisturizer whenever you can feel dryness of itch to your skin, even that you find yourself using moisturizer several dozen times a day!
* Avoid the use of harsh cleansers on your face. Certain cleansers are sold for people with sensitive skin, and while these are more likely to work, ultimately you will have to pick a product that does not causing itching, burning, or pain to your skin.
* Use sunscreen to protect yourself from sun’s harmful UV radiations. You can use day-time moisturizers that have sunscreen built into them. Use them even when it’s cloudy.
* A bit of exercise and good sleep are essential too, not just for skin care but for your health as a whole. Lack of sleep can lead to formation of wrinkles below your eyes and lack of exercise can cause your skin to slack. Moreover, exercise and sleep also help in beating stress.
* Treat skin dilemmas with care. Consult your doctor before you go on to use a skin care product to avoid causing harm to your skin.
* Beat the stress. The harmful effects of stress are known to everyone. Yes, stress harms skin too. So, take a break or indulge in a warm bubble bath or just get good night’s sleep.